All my gluten free friends out there are probably familiar with "Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix." This was my "flour" component.
G-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (optionally nut free, soy free, sugar free)
- 4 TBSP butter softened (depending on your situation you could substitute a lactose free margarine like "Willow Run" or something like "Best Life Buttery Sticks" I tried it with the lactose free and buttery sticks and it was great!)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (I used organic ones because I think they taste better)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup truvia-I used just under a half (this is a sugar free natural sweetener made from the stevia leaf extract-you could use granulated sugar if you don't care about making it sugar free).
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup Pamela baking and pancake mix *this mix does contain buttermilk
- 2 tbsp to 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) -I used "Enjoy Dairy nut soy free Semi sweet mini chocolate chips" When I did it I just added a couple tbsps. This added a bit of sugar. but not much and the sugar in these chips comes from cane juice.
- Beat truvia/sugar and butter with a mixer. Add mashed bananas until blended. Add in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Add mix to 3 mini loaf pans. You can make one large loaf if you want.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Check loafs at 35 mins. Then at 45 mins if not done. Loafs will be done when they are slightly golden, the tops have split slightly, and a toothpick comes out clean.